Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gone Fishin'


I have to admit...I really did NOT want to go camping on my birthday, but it turned out to be lots of fun! The boys got to fish...we all got to swim...the food was amazing (Adam cooks better at a campsite than I do at home!!)...the weather was perfect...the campfires were cozy...the singing and guitar playing were awesome...the moon was full...the flag retirement ceremony was moving (only the Boy Scouts and the VFW can officially retire flags by burning them in a respectful manner)...the mosquitos weren't that bad after a whole bottle of bug spray...the smores were fantastic...and the kids had an absolute blast! And, after all the kids were asleep, a few of us hung around the campfire until the wee hours of the morning. I wasn't scared of all the talk about a crazy man with a hatchette. Really. Thanks to Adam, Sean and Kim for organizing such a great weekend! And, thanks to all for the group birthday song and wishes for a happy 29th :)

Oops...almost forgot about the Raingutter Regatta. Colby won first place in his grade level for the second year in a row. Rock on little buddy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm posting this for Sean:

Jen - what great pictures!! My family had a superfantastic time camping and the food was sensational. Thanks Adam and Lori!!

Lets do it again this fall...less mosquitos lol

Sean

(I do not have a google account but if you could post this comment that would be lovely)